Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mexico City a Buenos Aires

Well, I'm currently in an airplane again. This time, however, I'm only one stop away from Buenos Aires. It's been a long day of flying and traveling but I'll finally be there is about 8 hours. I've had a great flight so far. A little boy, Simon, is sitting next to me. He and his family are flying back from Mexico to Buenos Aires. I think he's taught me more spanish than the U of M ever did. It's quite humbling having an 8 year old boy speak Spanish so fast that I continually have to say "lento" or "despacio." It's eery how similiar to him I was when I was his age. I don't know the word for hyper but he fits the bill perfectly. He's a constant chatterbox , bouncing around his seat like a chihuahua on Adderal, once again, just like me. He showed me his little hairless arms and I told him how I'm 21 years old and I've about the same amount of facial hair as him. I blame Grandpa Don, but that being said, I'll be Mr. Hairsuchi by the time I'm 70. Well, cena caliente is on it's way so I'm signing off. Hope all is well in los Estados Unidos and I'll see you in nine months!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you. I have a non-weed-induced perma-grin plastered to my face. i can't stop giggling with excitement. I am sooo happy for you.