Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Meeting Portenos

I've come to realize that I'm very lucky with my home-stay family. Given, I don't have any host brothers that want to go out and party every night, but at the same time, everything happens for a reason. It only gives me most the motivation to go out and meet portenos. That being said, that's exactly what I did last night.

So, I've become great friends with a guy named Andy from LA. He and I are both interested in the same things and we both are super pumped to get out and meet portenos. Hence, last night, Andy invited me to a party. It was through a friend of his down here, and I was pretty psyched to go...but a little nervous too. How much Spanish do I really know...we were to find out.

Anyways, long story short, the party was great. I made three porteno friends, two of which live very close. We're going to hang out and have language lessons. Spanish one day, english the next. Estoy emocionado!


Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://ali-in-argentina.blogspot.com/

this is my friend's blog in BA. it's fun to read yours and hers at the same time as you describe the same protests and other events. looks like she's been at the same places you've been.

love you, holly