Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Art Walk in the Design District

So I live very near the Design District, an area of over one hundred galleries of local, national, and international artists.

The second Saturday of every month, the galleries open their doors to the public for Art Walk, a late-night neighborhood art extravaganza where the galleries show off their newest exhibits. Some have musicians playing sets throughout the evening, and they all seem to have free hors d'oeuvres.

J, my roommate, invited me to go with her, C (her boyfriend), and their group of friends. It was a very fun night, walking from gallery to gallery, checking out some very interesting, and some very Uninteresting art.


One of my favorites. Really pretty faces painted onto collages of newspaper and magazine clippings.

A friend of a friend of my roommate is the female lead for this band.




After party we ended up at. It was the Matisyahu (Hasidic Jewish rapper) afterparty for the concert he just had downtown. We got in for free for knowing someone at the door.

No comments: