Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's Cold!

Don't let anyone fool you, Buenos Aires is NOT warm all year round. I came down here expecting winter temperatures to be somewhere around 55* and sunny the entire time. Nope, we're talking about 50*F right now, but it feels like about 35*. Why you ask? Well, it's because it's always humid here, and the humidity makes the cold seem much worse. We have windchill in the states, they have humidity coldness.

To restate, it's unbelievably cold here right now. This is also coming from someone who's rather experienced in the cold weather department. I've done 21 years in the the northern US. Also, I left my winter coat in the States, thinking someone would be coming down before winter, but that isn't happening. So, off to Avenida Corrientes to get my winter jacket.

Besos


Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments: