Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Avenida 9 de Julio


This is me standing smack-dab in the center of Avenida 9 de Julio. This is the famous avenue that Buenos Aires is known for. To quote Wikipedia.com:

Crossing the avenue at street level often requires a few minutes, as all intersections have traffic lights. Under normal walking speed, it takes pedestrians normally two to three green lights to cross it.

No lie. I need to cross this street everytime I go to the IES Center. If I'm not waiting by the sidewalk before the walk light turns "walk," I won't be able to make it across, and I walk FAST. It's a guarantee that I'll need to run the last 25 yards if I want to make it across in one "walk-light." My school is about six blocks from where this picture was taken. The Obelisco is right behind the photographer.







Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments: