Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Friday, April 4, 2008

30 Day Pause

From what I've gathered from the news, the fam, and my friend Sol, the farming strike is being lifted for 30 days. If talks arent commenced and an agreement reached within 30 days, the strike will start again. They news showed the stock yards being filled with cattle again. Many of the herders and butchers have been out of work because there was absolutely no meat to be found.

Carlos told me that 15,000 cattle are being brought to the stockyards right now. You know what that means...RED MEAT!!!!

The pictures is of a small grocery store in my neighborhood. Imagine this same emptyness, but about 10X larger at the big name grocery stores like Carrefour, Disco, and Coto.




Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I monitor your site daily. Keep it up! How about photos of your home and your host family?

Uncle Dave