Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm Moving To Miami!


The title says it all, I'm moving to Miami.



I graduated from college in May with a degree in marketing and entrepreneurial management from the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management. I knew since graduating that I wanted to go somewhere new. I miss the excitement of a big city and having to learn all the nooks and crannies. Eating new food, making new friends, and seeing new sights. So, I chose Miami. I'm bilingual in Spanish and I hate cold weather, where better to move than "The Capital of Latin America!"

I've been interning with a marketing company in St.Paul for the past few months, and I've really enjoyed it. They even offered me a job in New York City to get me to stay, but I'm going with my gut and I'm heading south.

I'm finishing up my internship and restaurant job in Minneapolis within the next week and then it's back to Wisconsin for a week to pack up and get my ducks in a row. I'll be joining my mom, grandpa, and maybe my grandma, on their drive down to Anna Marie Island, Florida, where my grandparents have a condo. From there I'll be spending a week apartment hunting online and walking the beach with my mom and grandpa. Then it's off to Miami and a month-long lease, which will give me time to bike/moped Miami and find a nice apartment that I will most likely lease out for 6 months to a year.

I'm hoping to find a few young professional Hispanic guys to live with, so I can speak Spanish on a daily basis and immediately have a group of friends to go out with and have them show me the city.

I'll be restarting my blog and hopefully posting on a daily basis about my adventures and experiences in Miami. Keep checking back in a few weeks and the post will start flooding in .

So once again, the adventure begins!

Patrick






4 comments:

Shannon said...

This is super exciting! I'm so glad you finally decided to take the leap... I know you're going to love it! Keep me updated ('cause I wish I had the cajones to do what you're doing). Peace dude, and good luck!

Unknown said...

I loved reading about your experinces in Argentina, especially in Bariloche. Now you are moving to Miami and it seems life is at your feet. I think that travelling is the best option to keep you alive so don´t stay in Miami forever. I have made a Buenos Aires travel and that is why I am telling you, making trips means learning about cultures, and that what really matters after all. Good luck in the beach state!

Miami Beach Luxury Condos said...

This is cool exciting! I'm so animated you assuredly absitively to booty the leap... I apperceive you're activity to adulation it!

Miami mover said...

Well I'm in difficult situation as you were. I'm moving to miami but I'm so depressed because of it.