Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Friday, January 4, 2008

And so it begins...

Wow....I'm a blogger. That being said, let's get started.

Buenos Aires is less than two months away. I'm amazingly excited, yet I know the gut wrenching nervousness will soon kick in. Having had Holly and Lindsay both study abroad, I feel somewhat ahead of the curve on what to expect as to learning the language, culture shock, etc. However, hearing their stories and experiencing it myself will be two completely different things.

My Spanish is coming along at a decent rate. Flashcards for every imaginable word will soon be made. Having read what seems like every possible Buenos Aires spanish/slang website, I've come to accept the fact that the Spanish I'm currently studying will be almost completely worthless. They'll understand what I'm saying, but they sure won't like how it sounds.

I've got a great little money-making project in the works right now. I'll be posting on that later.

Ciao!

2 comments:

I. William Celing said...

FIRST!!!!

Buenos or Bust! Happy campaigning. Julian y yo are playing ping pong right now in his basement and I received your text so I figured I'd be the first poster.

Ciao Guapo,

Ian

kendallfordguy said...

I've bookmarked your site and passed it on to the rest of the family. Now you'll need to continue to keep us informed.

Good Luck!

Dave