Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bringing the Blog Back to Life

I recently received two messages from people I don't know telling me that they've been reading my blog, and they hope that I haven't abandoned it. Who knew people besides my family had already found the blog and were enjoying it?!? Add onto that having my uncle tell me he's a reader, and I've come to the conclusion that I won't let the blog die.

To me, I was having a hard time thinking of interesting things to say, because things were were becoming normal to me. I was always trying to think of an interesting story about something, but I wasn't really having any success. I didn't want this to become my personal journal, because I really dislike that type of blog. However, things that I started to consider as normal, like the 20,000 sharks that migrated past South Beach last month, are quite unusual for people who don't live here.

So, long story short, I'm going to try very hard to keep writing interesting and relevant articles about the city, and about what I'm doing down here that might interest someone moving here, living here, etc.

Best,
Patrick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it. Too many Miami blogs relegate themselves to real estate or food. I'm more interested to hear about everyday life in the city that is so different from the rest of America. Let us live vicariously through you. Bike adventures are always interesting, too.