Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Playing Against Argentines

Yesterday I went to play soccer with my roommate Pablo and some of his friends from high school...today, I can´t walk.

Wow, am I sore. Back in the day, circa 1997, I was really good at soccer. However, times have changed...especially when you´re playing against Argentines who grew up with a soccer ball at their feet. I did my best to attack the ball and keep up with the game, but any bystander would have definitely noticed the foreigner amongst the locals. After 60 minutes of running in 85 degree weather, on a breezeless day, on an astroturf field, my body hates me.


Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments: