Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Too Tired To Sleep

It's 6:27AM and I just got home from work about an hour ago. I planned on coming home, activating my new phone(thanks Shonit), and going to bed. However, after a shower, I'm wide awake. I seem to find myself in this same predicament quite often lately; lying in bed, my head spinning with work and Buenos Aires. I put in a straight 15 hour day today. I started at 3PM cutting limes for salsa, served from 4 til 10:30, and then barbacked until 5 AM. I work too much! Even after getting that huge scholarship, I can't NOT work. I'm addicted to it. I think it'll be good for me to get away from working so much. For nine months, I don't plan on having a steady job, which is crazy to me, since I've been working at the pasta bar for over 2 years now.

I'm ready to go. I'm tired of Minneapolis, of work, of studying, of not studying, of waiting. I just want to get started. I want to be surrounded by spanish, I want to meet my host family(which I find out this week), I want a schedule. I can't handle sleeping in til 12 because I have no other reason to get up besides the fact that I feel like a lazy ass.


Ok, I'm actually getting tired again. I'm going to bed before I get lost in my nervousness.

No comments: