Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Making Some Cash

Saturday March 5, 2011



I'm working on an online business right now, but it's still about a month from going live. So, in the meantime, I thought it would be nice to make a little cash, but with no long-tern commitment, in case I want to head to El Salvador to see my sister, or go paragliding in Guatemala.

So, my fishing partner Emin, from Serbia, got a catering gig and told me to call the guy. I gave him a ring, had a quick interview, and was hired immediately. I start tonight. We're working a private party on Star Island, the island of the rich and famous of Miami. Gloria Estefan lives there, among other people. It's a private island, so I've never been allowed to bike on the island, though I've tried. I'm pumped to see who we're catering for, what we're serving, and what the island looks like.

Details to come tomorrow morning.

Star Island Aerial View

No comments: