Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Long Summer.....

Everyone in Minnesota, or the North for that matter, is familiar with the phrase that is uttered many times every October and November:

*sigh* It's going to be a long winter *sigh*

The other day, while at work, one of the native Miami residents that I work with uttered, with the same tone of despair in his voice:

*sigh* Jeez, it's sure gonna be a long summer *sigh*

I couldn't help but laugh when I heard him say this. People here dread the long, hot summers just as much as we dread the long, cold Winters in Minnesota. It'll be interesting to see how these next four months of oppressive heat affect my body and mental health. 



Should I need to stay cool while in the heat, I plan on wallowing

1 comment:

DustinSBranham said...

It's all about taking advantage of every opportunity to be in the water. Without water, a hot climate would be insufferable. After all, who wants to live their lives inside in the a/c? Well, a lot of ppl, but not me.