Stories from my 14-month study abroad in Buenos Aires, my 16-month post-college move to Miami, and my get-me-the-hell-out-of-Miami move to Denver

Saturday, May 16, 2009

In La Crosse

So I've had a great weekend so far. Ian, Holly's old bf and family friend, graduated today. I had originally planned on taking the Amtrak on Friday morning to La Crosse. However, at the last minute, the price went up from $31 to $52 dollars for the one-way trip. Seeing as I'm a penny pincher, I decided to just take the Megabus to Chicago, which costs $25. I got out of work at 11pm on Thursday night, packed my bag, and jumped on the bus for Chicago at 11:45. At 8am I arrived in Chicago and Lindsay came to pick me up. We had some food, hung out for a bit, and then went to pick Adrian from work. We left directly from his work and drove up to La Crosse for the weekend. So, instead of a 3 hour train ride, I spent about 12 hours driving, but it was worth the drive up to hang out with Lindsay and Adrian on the ride up.

We had a fun night last night hanging out with Vicky, Bob, Jen, Kim, and Todd, and then we went out to the bars for the night. Today we went to graduation...at 9am!, and then Adrian and I hung out with Bob and Vicky for awhile. Currently, I'm hanging out in Ian's house with everyone, getting ready to hit up the town.

Don't worry, those important posts will soon be posted.

Patrick

No comments: